Fidelity is a renowned financial services company that offers a wide range of investment options and tools for individuals and businesses. Logging into your Fidelity account is the first step towards managing your investments, accessing account information, and taking advantage of their comprehensive suite of services.
In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the process of logging into your Fidelity account.
Create a Fidelity Account
Before you can log in to your Fidelity account, you need to have one. If you don’t have a Fidelity account yet, follow these steps to create one:
- Visit the Fidelity website.
- Click on the “Open an Account” or “Get Started” button.
- Select the type of account you want to open (e.g., individual, joint, retirement, etc.).
- Fill in the required personal and financial information.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Submit your application.
Retrieve Your Fidelity Username and Password
If you already have a Fidelity account but forgot your login credentials, you can retrieve them by following these steps:
- Go to the Fidelity login page.
- Click on the “Forgot Username/Password” link.
- Select the appropriate option (Username or Password).
- Provide the necessary information to verify your identity.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to retrieve your username or reset your password.
Access the Fidelity Login Page
To begin the login process, follow these steps:
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Type “www.fidelity.com” in the address bar.
- Press Enter to navigate to the Fidelity website.
- Look for the “Log In” button or link on the homepage.
- Click on it to proceed to the login page.
Enter Your Fidelity Username
Once you’re on the Fidelity login page, you need to enter your username. Follow these steps:
- Locate the username field on the login page.
- Click inside the field to activate it.
- Enter your Fidelity username exactly as registered.
- Double-check for any typing errors before proceeding.
Provide Your Fidelity Password
After entering your username, it’s time to input your password. Here’s how:
- Locate the password field on the login page.
- Click inside the field to activate it.
- Enter your Fidelity password.
- Ensure that you enter the password accurately, paying attention to capitalization and special characters.
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
To enhance security, Fidelity utilizes two-factor authentication (2FA). Follow these steps to complete the process:
- If prompted, select your preferred 2FA method (e.g., text message, email, phone call).
- Provide the necessary information to receive the verification code.
- Enter the code you received through your chosen method.
- Click on the “Submit” or “Verify” button to proceed.
Navigate Your Fidelity Account Dashboard
Once you have successfully logged in, you will be directed to your Fidelity account dashboard. The dashboard provides an overview of your account information and allows you to access various features and tools. Here are some key sections you may find on your Fidelity account dashboard:
- Account Summary: This section provides an overview of your account balance, investments, and performance.
- Positions: Here, you can view the details of your holdings, including the number of shares, current value, and any gains or losses.
- Transactions: This section displays your transaction history, including purchases, sales, and dividends.
- Statements and Documents: Fidelity provides access to your account statements, trade confirmations, tax documents, and other important documents in this section.
- Tools and Research: Explore Fidelity’s wide range of tools and research resources to help you make informed investment decisions.
- Settings: Customize your account preferences, update personal information, and manage security settings in this section.
Troubleshooting Fidelity Login Issues
If you encounter any difficulties during the login process, here are some common troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Check your internet connection: Ensure you have a stable internet connection to access the Fidelity website.
- Clear cache and cookies: Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can resolve potential conflicts and improve login performance.
- Disable browser extensions: Temporarily disable any browser extensions or add-ons that might interfere with the login process.
- Try a different browser: If you’re experiencing persistent login issues, try accessing your Fidelity account using a different web browser.
- Contact Fidelity support: If the problem persists, reach out to Fidelity’s customer support for further assistance.
Logging into your Fidelity account is a simple process that grants you access to a range of investment and financial services. By following this step-by-step guide, you can effortlessly log in to your Fidelity account and begin managing your investments and exploring the available tools and resources.
Remember to keep your login credentials secure and contact Fidelity’s customer support if you encounter any issues or have further questions. Take advantage of the features and services offered by Fidelity to make the most of your investment journey.